Basic Life Support Renewal 2015
(formerly BLS Renewal for Health Care Provider or BCLS Renewal - Basic Cardiac Life Support Renewal)
Heart & Stroke Foundation
LENGTH OF COURSE :
- BLS Provider Course - (New and Returning Students) 1 half day in class (Approx. 4 Hours total)
- BLS for Experienced Provider Course- (Experienced Provider with current BLS certification) 1 quarter day in class (Approx. 2 hours 15 minutes)
- Multiple classes offered weekly - Class #1 (Morning 9am-1:00pm) Class #2 (Afternoon 1pm-5:00pm) Class #3 (Evening 5pm-9:00pm)
Our classes are offered in a four hour time slot and course length may vary depending on class size. At Saving Grace Medical Academy we offer smaller class sizes for more personalized student instruction.
- BLS Provider Course - $85.00 GST Included
- BLS for Experienced Provider Course- $85.00 GST Included
COURSE MATERIALS :
- New Students - Heart and Stroke Foundation BLS Provider Manual (print [RE3310E] or eBook [RE3310ED]), available for purchase at Heart and Stroke Foundation's Heart Shop or provided in class
- Recertification - Manual provided for in class study
VALID FOR :
- This Certificate is Valid for 1 year through The Heart and Stroke Foundation
- Valid & Required for Nurses, Healthcare Providers, EMS and Fire
RECOGNIZED BY :
- Alberta Health Services, Capital Health, Covenant Health, Alberta College of Paramedics, NAIT, U of A
Heart & Stroke’s BLS Renewal course is an accelerated program designed specifically for the experienced BLS provider. The BLS Renewal course puts the emphasis on skills and cognitive retention and does not re-teach all of the components covered in the full BLS Provider course. It is essential for student progress and course delivery that all students have the same baseline knowledge on entry into the BLS Renewal course.
BLS Renewal (FAQ):
Q: I have an expired BLS course completion card; can I take the 2015 BLS renewal course?
A: The pre-requisite for attendance at Heart & Stroke’s BLS Renewal course is current certification (taken within the last 12 months) in Heart & Stroke BLS.
The BLS Renewal Prerequisite Challenge is designed to ensure the provider has the baseline knowledge to attend the BLS renewal course when they do not have a current Heart & Stroke BLS completion card.
You are eligible to take the BLS Prerequisite Challenge if you are a BLS provider who has:
A BLS or “healthcare provider (HCP)” completion card from another agency
An expired Heart & Stroke BLS Provider course completion card
Not taken a recent (within the past 12 months) BLS course, through regular use in your work in the ED, CCU, ICU on code team, or as a paramedic
A current Heart & Stroke BLS Provider completion card but are uncertain of your proficiency level and wish to assess your knowledge.
Once you have successfully completed the BLS Renewal Prerequisite Challenge, you will be able to print your certificate. You will also receive a PDF copy of your certificate via email. Please bring a printed or electronic copy of your Completion Certificate to your BLS Provider Renewal course. Some Instructors may ask you to email them your certificate prior to the day of class.
There is a $10 fee to complete the BLS Renewal Prerequisite Challenge. Each purchase allows you to take the BLS Renewal Prerequisite Challenge up to two (2) times. If you are unsuccessful after the second attempt, you are encouraged to take a full Heart & Stroke BLS Provider course.
Please note: All Purchases are valid for a period of One (1) year from the date of purchase or 90 days from activation. All purchases are final sale. By purchasing from Heart and Stroke, you understand you will be accessing services provided by a third-party website. All terms and conditions of this third-party website will govern the usage of this purchase. Heart and Stroke reserves the right to make any modifications to the products on this third-party website, including terminating, changing, suspending, or discontinuing any aspects of the website at any time, without notices. In the event of any of these instances a credit or refund will be issued, at the discretion of Heart and Stroke Foundation, to the original purchaser.
If a person does not successfully complete the recertification course, they will be required to attend a full certification course.
Our BLS Renewal Prerequisite Challenge is an on-line assessment designed to evaluate your students’ knowledge of Heart & Stroke BLS course content. Upon successful completion, students receive a certificate used to gain entry to a BLS Renewal class. Students can take the Challenge by visiting the Heart & Stroke Resuscitation portal and selecting the BLS Renewal Prerequisite Challenge. Students must pay a $10 (tax included) fee payable via PayPal.*
AVAILABILITY OF COURSE
- BLS Provider Course - None. Recommended for health care professionals who do not use these skills on a regular basis.
- BLS for Experienced Provider Course - Current (NOT EXPIRED) Basic Life Support Provider certificate from the Heart & Stroke Foundation. Recommended for health care professionals who actively use these skills on a regular basis.
ENGLISH - This course is Taught and Tested in English and you must have a "Moderate to High" Level of Reading / Writing / Speaking English.
- The Alberta College of Paramedics will accept both the Standard First Aid through the Canadian Red Cross & St.John's Ambulance and also the Basic Life Support Provider. Please refer to your Employer for details on which course fulfills the requirements in your area. For all working within Alberta Health Services this is the course most commonly requested to meet the AHS standards.
Learn First Aid Today & Save a Life Tomorrow with Saving Grace Medical Academy Ltd
TM The Heart and Stroke Foundation logo and word mark are trademarks of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada and are used under license.